National Conference on
Creativity, Innovation and Transformation in Libraries
8th & 9th July 2016
Department of Library
K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology
Society for the Advancement of Library and Information Science (SALIS),
Themes and Sub-Themes
Ø Transforming Library from Physical Space to Active Learning Space
- Inclusive design: for housing resources, reading, lending and also for research, sharing and collaborating
- Space for- Learning and research activities - for Technology: social software tools for creating and sharing resources - visualization
- Technology Lending: laptop, ipad, tablets, cameras, cables and accessories
- Display posters: List of highly cited papers, new additions and quotes in library premises
- Cloud based collection: Security and storage issues.
Ø Technology Enabled Innovative Services
- Mobile Technology for accessing, sharing and collaborating: mobile apps for MOPAC- search- status - request service - reservation - renewal-survey, alerts- review-library tour
- QR Codes; Mobile Scanning; SMS - one way - two way -Transaction;
- Security technologies to provide access to authorized users and monitor user movement
- Book Vending machine-Library Kiosk- E-book Store- e-lending
- Disability services- Assistive Technology for differently abled users to access library resources;
- Library automation: integrating users and resources for collaboration and sharing-case studies
- Cloud based Library automation and services;
Ø Innovative Library Services using Social Networking
- To facilitate communication, collaboration and sharing resources with users using Instant Messaging system: Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, MySpace, YouTube, Podcasting, LinkedIn, RSS, Flicker, Wiki, Blogs, Social Bookmark;
- Promoting and marketing library services: Creating user group for quick announcement, sharing links and information-information about library and resources
- Posting Library programmes/ announcement –posters – training materials- guides- new additions-campus news- request research papers
- Ask a Librarian-FAQ-Library instructions; Invite students to register IL Programmes-getting comments-feedback-surveys;
- Outreach programmes - off-campus service-Online book club;
- Single window access to library resources – portal
Ø Innovative User Centric and Research Support Services
- Designing new process, products and news services- delivery channels- methods
- Value added services for Research: Resources for Research – Research tools - Course guides,
- Research Consultation-Research Assistance and promotion- Research Funds- Peers in the field- Subject experts – Seminar and conferences
- Scholarly communication and open access- Literature review-bibliography;
- List of top ranking journals- Citation studies-highly cited papers- Impact Factor- H-index- WOS, Scopus, Google Scholar - predatory journals-
- Reference Management/Citation Tools
- Anti plagiarism – Copyright and digitization issues – Licensing;
- Enhancing visibility of research work - IR- self archive;
- Delivering e-content and research via e-mail, internet and social software- Get it service, ILL
- Federated and discovery services;
- Adding metadata and context to full-text research papers-Preparing e-index and linking to digital resources;
- Displaying creative, innovative and out of box ideas- Library Liaison Program
Ø Content Management and E-Learning
- Case studies of building content creation, management and sharing using Word press - Drupal and Joomla - for Conference website - Library web site– training courses;
- Adding - access and managing digital content- content delivery;
- Developing e-learning courses, tutorials and IL programmes for collaborative learning using Moodle and other similar software;
- Linking Library resources-Catalogue–E-resources–Database
- Online help – FAQ-Quiz-Chatting and Users participation.
Ø Innovative Best Practices and Collaboration in Libraries
- Re-defining- Re-engineering- Re-inventing, Revisiting existing library vision and mission, process and practices for significant improvement of the existing system and exploring new system;
- Designing new process, procedures and practices using creative and innovative ideas-resource building -e-resource management-how to search and retrieve library resources -organization of resources;
- Library training programme-Liaison and ILL-Collaboration and partnership-technology updates-refresher course
- For Students: Student internship-participative programmes-Students’ Assistance
- Fund Raising-Book Exhibition-Scanning, Printing and photocopying-Document copy supply service-Citation Studies
· Capacity building initiatives for LIS professionals to learn acquire and adopt innovative skills- creative collaboration and partnership with public and other libraries and institutions.
Submission of Papers
Original and unpublished papers on the conference themes are invited for presentation at the conference. Papers will be accepted only after strict review by editorial committee. Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings with ISBN. Selected papers may be published in the SALIS journals.
The full paper in word file (with an abstract not exceeding 200 words and at least 3 keywords) should be submitted as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com Paper should not exceed 6 pages (line space: 1.5, font size: 12, font: Times New Roman, reference: APA). For more details, please visit the conference website. The authors of accepted papers has to pay the registration fee immediately after the receipt of communication of acceptance to include their papers in the proceedings.
Librarians, Information professionals, LIS Teachers, Students and Research scholars.
Accommodation will be arranged in the nearby hotels on extra payment. Participants can also make their own arrangement for accommodation at hotels available in Tiruchengode and Erode. The room rent varies from Rs. 500 to Rs.3000 per day.
KSRCT is located in Erode to Tiruchengode highway.14 kms from Erode and 8 kms from Tiruchengode. Nearest Railway Station is Erode and nearest Airport is Coimbatore.
LIS Professionals (Full conference kit) Rs.1000
Research Scholars and LIS Students (Regular),
Participants (without paper)Kit without conference bag and proceedings) Rs.500
Registration fee should be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of 'The Principal, K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology’ payable at ‘Tiruchengode’ and addressed to the Organizing Secretary. The online payment details will be provided on request.
Submission of full-paper 20.05.2016
Communication of Acceptance 10.06.2016
Awards and Mementos
Cash Awards will be given to the best papers for Professionals, Students and Women separately. Mementos will be given to all the presenters
Address for Communication
Organizing Secretary, SALIS 2016 & Librarian
K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology
KSR Kalvi Nagar Tiruchengode - 637215,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone : 04288-274741-44, Extn.400,404,401
Fax : 04288-274745
Mobile : 9994250222
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb : www.ksrct.ac.in